HVAC Warranty Manager
Manager, Warranty - REQ 787
Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC is looking for a Manager, Warranty in Suwanee, GA.
The manager of warranty & product registration will manage and lead all facets of the department, team, and continuous improvement initiatives. The position will manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the warranty department and ancillary platforms. The warranty department manager will lead and empower employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment while driving their growth and success.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to warranty inquiries that department employees cannot answer.
- Manage the warranty management system (WMS) including designing and implementing adjustments that support business changes and product updates.
- Perform intensive testing within the WMS as needed.
- Monitor the WMS and implement corrective actions to maintain the optimal claim auto adjudication level.
- Build and maintain department reports to drive warranty claim and product registration process improvements.
- Develop and maintain warranty KPIs to drive informed decisions.
- Build department business cases including financial and customer impact review.
- Build and supply needed warranty claim information as needed for factory review and consumption.
- Drive and maintain SAP data and reports for billing submission to the appropriate factories.
- Work closely with the Credit Department to resolve any part, labor warranty, or order disputes.
- Set the WMS as needed to return parts and equipment for quality checks and actions.
- Function as “Department Champion” for all team continuous improvement initiatives and follow-up actions.
- Train and support other department employees in growing continuous improvement knowledge and understanding.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the warranty team
- Motivative the team to achieve organizational goals and implement a timeline to achieve optimal business targets.
- Delegate tasks to team members to drive their success and growth.
- Drive cross functional collaboration across the department.
- Requires minimal travel, up to 20%.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or similar discipline a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Tavant or other Warranty Management software.
- Experience with budget planning and departmental P&L management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects, each with multiple action items, simultaneously.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Strong computer skills including experience with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically, intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Visio or other process mapping software a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with LEAN thinking and tools a plus
- Ability to work independently with little direct daily supervision.
- Ability to lead a culturally diverse group.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in goals and objectives.
- Strong sense of personal accountability.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage and prioritize.
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $104,000 and $143,000/year however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including target bonus plans and discretionary awards. Subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect, eligible employees may enroll in a 401(k) plan, as well as participate in Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance plans for the employee and the employee’s eligible dependents. Employees will also receive 80 hours of vacation per year, 56 hours of paid sick leave annually, and 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, depending on hire date. Employees may also take up to 12 weeks of paid or unpaid [parental/disability/emergency/etc.] leave, if eligible.
ABOUT MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC TRANE HVAC US
Formed in 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) is a leading provider of ductless and VRF systems in the United States and Latin America. A 50 percent – 50 percent joint venture between Ingersoll Rand plc and Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., the company provides innovative products, systems and solutions capable of cooling and heating any application from a home to a large commercial building. METUS is a leading marketer of Zoned Comfort Solutions® and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air-conditioning and heating technology. Systems sold by the joint venture include a wide variety of technologically advanced products designed to deliver superior efficiency, comfort and control.
The family of brands supported by METUS includes: Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, Trane® / Mitsubishi Electric and American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning Mitsubishi Electric. More information is available at www.metahvac.com . We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including 401(K).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona fide occupational qualification). The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the supplement .
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at [email protected] or by calling 714.229.3813.