Technical Product Owner
Our client is a rapidly growing software company focused on telecom security for service providers and enterprises. We are seeking a Product Owner to manage the expansion of our cloud-based services. Your mission will be to ensure the customer experience with new features is excellent. The scope of your job responsibility will cover all aspects of new feature development except for software design and development. This job is designed for a high-potential candidate ready to meet high expectations. Your job will include the following tasks:
- Document the requirements for new service features based on inputs from customers, the sales team, the engineering team, your knowledge of the market, regulatory requirements, industry standards and billing requirements.
- Perform user testing of each new feature.
- Define test cases.
- Does the software perform as expected?
- Is the software intuitive and easy to use?
- Can the number of user clicks be reduced?
- Can the web user interface be improved?
- Is billing correct?
- Document new features in detail.
- Develop training material for customers and the support team.
- As the expert user, you will train the support team and answer their questions if they need help supporting a customer.
- You will collaborate with Sales and Marketing on the following objectives:
- Identify the target market
- Define the sales message for the sales team
- Feature description with a focus on the value proposition
- advantages compared to our competitors
- The Call to Action
- Collaborate with Marketing to create the selling tools needed by the sales team
- Web content
- Marketing collateral
- Success stories
As a Technical Product Owner, your success will be based on all aspects of your product’s success. You will not be a project manager organizing the work of others. You will need an ownership mindset of initiative, perseverance, attention to detail and leadership to drive your product to market success. You will also need to be a collaborative team member with soft people skills to motivate other team members to contribute to your vision of product success.
This job is remote with occasional meetings in Atlanta, GA. A technical degree or prior experience in telecommunications is a plus but is not required. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a strong academic record.
- Fast learner. Most of your training will come from on-the-job training, your independent research on the internet learning about our market and competitors, and documented industry standards.
- Good presentation skills. You must be able to present your ideas in a clear, well-organized manner to the team, partners, and customers.
- Excellent teamwork dynamics
- Enjoys working in a team and helping other team members to be successful.
- Is prepared for team meetings and looks for opportunities to make a positive contribution.
- When leading a meeting, provide the other participants with a clear meeting agenda and objective in advance.
- Not afraid to ask questions for clarification and accept criticism well.
- Proactive communications with team members between meetings to make them aware of new information that impacts team goals.
- Always address follow-up actions as agreed to.
- Work habits
- Well organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Develops an execution plan for work activities rather than reacting to events/deadlines.
- Professional grade e-mail communications that are clear, concise, and well organized.
- Diligently follows company policies and processes.
- Enjoys high job autonomy and responsibility.
- Must be a US citizen or resident.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and provide university transcript with resume.
- Must accept a background check.