Senior Sales Engineer
ABOUT THE POSITION
Sales Engineering is a key role that is critical to our continued growth and success. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will be the technical lead throughout the sales process for some of the largest and most challenging projects in the energy storage industry. This is a customer-facing role, and also requires interaction with many different groups internally including Product, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Project Execution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop a deep understanding for the energy storage technology platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance to drive successful equipment-only and turn-key sales.
• Review, understand, and negotiate detailed technical specifications for energy storage core and BOP scope (MV, HV, and civil).
• Develop detailed and accurate cost estimates for new sales.
• Lead technical aspects of contract negotiations – scope, schedule, and performance guarantees.
• Assist in the development of sales tools and support materials to streamline and grow sales.
• Capture customer technical and application requirements to help shape product roadmaps.
What will our ideal candidate bring:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Preferred).
• 7-10+ years’ work experience in energy storage, solar, or other power generation.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with contract negotiations and familiarity with key contract areas.
• Knowledge of applicable standards, codes, and regulations.
• Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel.
• Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 20% of the time.
Location: Location: Any Fluence office in US