Sr. Area Service Manager
Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC is looking for a Sr. Area Service Manager in Southern California
This position is responsible for providing technical support and training in alignment with Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC (METUS) objectives. This includes providing customers with information on the proper application, installation, operation, service procedures and handling special warranty situations for all product lines distributed by METUS. This position may be responsible for development, oversight, and management of BU Technical Service staff.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical, service and training support to internal technical staff, distributors, contractors, and end users.
- Provide technical support to technicians and distributor staff who are installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, or repairing METUS products
- Work with direction from the Business Unit Technical Services Manager to support and manage Business Unit Area Service Advisors and Business Unit Area Service Managers as needed.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems to Business Unit leadership.
- Oversee the development, scheduling, and presentation of technical training programs.
- Ensures all reports are provided as required, including Service Case tracking in SalesForce.
- Solves complicated technical problems associated with HVAC equipment.
- Provides on-site start-up assistance, on-site training for installation and equipment operation.
- Provides technical support via telephone, forum, email, and in-person to customers.
- Reads, understands, and interprets wiring schematics and refrigerant circuit diagrams to convey information to customers.
- Operates refrigerant recovery equipment in compliance with government regulations.
- Work with business unit staff to provide direction to distributor support personnel, specifically Diamond Service Group (DSG) members.
- Recommends service parts for stocking.
- Review technical literature as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates regular meetings with business unit sales and service teams.
- Willing to travel up to 50% domestically, and occasionally internationally, for various internal and external meetings and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- HVAC 2-year Associates Degree or HVAC Technical School Certification required or equivalent experience
- Associates Degree in Business / Management or HVAC advanced training certification preferred
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in servicing HVAC products.
- EPA Certification
- Knowledge of commercial system controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentation skills required.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to translate complex, technical thoughts and ideas and communicate them in an easy-to-understand format
- Intermediate skills for Microsoft Office Programs.
- Management experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Be able to ascend/descend stairs and/or ladders to access job sites
- Be able to move up to 50 pounds in weight
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $104,000 and $143,000/year however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including target bonus plans and discretionary awards. Subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect, eligible employees may enroll in a 401(k) plan, as well as participate in Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance plans for the employee and the employee’s eligible dependents. Employees will also receive 80 hours of vacation per year, 56 hours of paid sick leave annually, and 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, depending on hire date. Employees may also take up to 12 weeks of paid or unpaid [parental/disability/emergency/etc.] leave, if eligible.