Director of Engineering
The Engineering Director is responsible for implementation of our engineering strategies and processes. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing a team of engineers, designers, AutoCAD Technicians, construction support staff, and supervisors to maintain a safe and reliable operation. The Engineering Director reports directly to the Engineering Principal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, environmental engineering, or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing and overseeing various disciplined engineering projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory or manager role
- Experience with developing and implementing revenue budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise and lead a team with members in different geographic locations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self-Directed – Shows initiative and the ability to organize.
- Communicator - Able to succinctly convey information. Comfortable communicating everything from organizational goals to specific tasks to all levels easily. Proficient listener.
- Adaptable – Able to effectively respond and pivot when needed to change within the industry and organization.
- Critical Thinker – Strong problem-solving skills with ability to analyze and assess issues quickly.
- Strategic - Able to develop strategies to approach tasks and plans to accomplish them. Comfortable with delegation. Plans with longer term goals considered when implementing short term solutions.
- Team-oriented – Able to create trust and confidence with all levels of the organization.
- Constructive Leader – Able to manage across multiple locations with useful and helpful feedback intended to improve an employee’s experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the engineering team
- Coordinating with clients, contractors, and suppliers
- Directing and supporting the evaluation of projects
- Managing the resolution of delays
- Hiring and training new engineering staff
- Managing process improvements
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Managing materials and revenue budgets
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice to other offices or project sites.
Additional Company Information
Providence Engineering & Environmental Group LLC is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above Job Description is a written statement of facts describing the scope, responsibilities, and organizational relationships of this position as it is. It is intended to provide a clear picture of the position’s role within the organization.
This job description is subject to change as Providence Engineering & Environmental Group LLC evolves, and in no way implies that this description includes all the duties associated with this position. Job duties related to this position may be added/removed from the job description as needed. Providence Engineering & Environmental Group LLC depends on its employees to assess current positions and update position description as duties change, responsibilities increase/decrease, technology improvements occur, or because of any other factors which may impact the success of such position.
Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC is an EEOC employer. All applicants and all employees will be evaluated based on their ability, competence, and performance of the essential functions of their positions. It is the policy of Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC to be nondiscriminatory in all matters regarding the selection, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, work assignment, scheduling, compensation of employees, and any or all other terms and conditions of employment. The company does not unlawfully discriminate based on any applicable, legally protected classification, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, and physical or mental disability.